Killing Season Chicago, Wicker Park, July 2011


Click on the names of the deceased on the right navigation panel to see images of the sites and information about the circumstances of their deaths.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Since I've Been Gone (21)


I arrived back in the US last night to find that 21 people have been killed in homicides across the city of Chicago in the past two weeks, including one police officer. Returning to such a staggering number of killings reminded me of the motivation to complete this project. I hope that by photographing these sites I can make this problem somehow a little bit more tangible. Reports say that general crime is down, but that homicides are up 5% from last year. The following posts are a record of the incidents that occurred since I've been gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment