Killing Season Chicago, Wicker Park, July 2011


Click on the names of the deceased on the right navigation panel to see images of the sites and information about the circumstances of their deaths.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ludjana Dido

a memorial at the site of Ludjana Dido's death

Monday night, I went to photograph the site of 20-year-old Ludjana Dido's death at 2700 W Roscoe. From what I understand there was a gang fight and in the melee, Dido was struck by a car several times and killed. She was 5 1/2 months pregnant. At first glance, the area where this happened seemed so unlikely. 2700 W Roscoe sits at the end of a street that dead ends into the river. Almost directly across from the police station off Western Ave. At the dead end, there is a construction zone and most of the area is blocked off by high fences. On both sides of the street are office buildings. It doesn't seem like a likely place for gangs to clash with each other, but the longer I was there photographing, the more foot traffic I noticed. Just beyond the construction zone there is a park, it's hard to tell that it's there because of all the fences etc. It made a bit more sense after that discovery. When I was finishing up photographing there, a car full of 20 something year old guys pulled up with a bag full of firecrackers. Each had there own 40oz malted liquor bottle. They called out to me and told me not to leave just because of them. I took a few more photos, but I was done anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment