Killing Season Chicago, Wicker Park, July 2011

Click on the names of the deceased on the right navigation panel to see images of the sites and information about the circumstances of their deaths.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 18th (3)

Officer Michael R. Bailey
62 years old
Bailey, a police officer, was coming home from an overnight shift guarding Mayor Richard Daley's home when as many as three men approached him while cleaning his brand new Buick in the 7400 block of South Evans Avenue. Bailey announced he was an officer and there was an exchange of gunfire between Bailey and at least one of the men. He was shot a little after 6 a.m. The officer's son, who was home at the time, grabbed one of his father's guns and ran outside after he saw his father on the ground. It was unclear if the son fired any shots at the attackers. Bailey was pronounced dead at 6:41 a.m. at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

The shooting marks the third death of an off-duty Chicago police officer in the last two months.

Harvey Space
35 years old
Space, who was on parole, was shot to death as he sat in his car near his West Side home in the 4800 block of West Van Buren Street this morning. Space was seated in his car about 9:15 a.m. when someone pulled up nearby in a four-door brown car, got out, and shot at Space several times through the front windshield of his car. The attacker got back into the car and it drove off. Space was taken to Stroger Hospital and declared dead at 10 a.m. from multiple gunshot wounds. Space had scars from previous gunshot wounds, as well as numerous tattoos, according to the corrections department.

Jaymeon Wyatt
1 year old
Wyatt, just 21 months old, died of cranial cerebral injuries, blunt head trauma, and abuse. After an autopsy, his death has been ruled a homicide. The boy's mother, Doulesha Wyatt, 22, of the 100 block of East 49th Street, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her son. Wyatt was arrested after her son was taken to a local hospital with multiple injuries consistent with a beating. Jaymeon was pronounced dead Sunday afternoon at 1:05 pm at the University of Chicago's Comer Children's Hospital.
DCFS has taken custody of two other children in the home as part of the probe of the Jaymeon's death.

No comments:

Post a Comment