Killing Season Chicago, Wicker Park, July 2011


Click on the names of the deceased on the right navigation panel to see images of the sites and information about the circumstances of their deaths.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

1520 N Damen: Day 2


Killing Season had to be slightly modified to fit on the front of The Violet Hour. In order for the images to be a decent size, I had to cut out some of the timeline. I decided that since the installation was going up on July 1st, that I would start from that date and end on Labor Day. On Thursday, I returned to the wall to wheat paste up the images with the help of my friend Rachel Esser and my wife Erica.



Wicker Park is such a bustling neighborhood, which made for a very interesting day. I ended up talking to all kinds of people about what I was doing. One gentleman asked if the homes were for sale. After hearing about the project, he came back repeatedly throughout the day to look as the installation grew.



An older gentleman stopped and chatted with us for awhile about everything from Lady Gaga to Al Capone. He even did a little dance for us after which he told every girl who walked by that they either looked like Lady Gaga or Jennifer Lopez.





My friend Cassie Stadnicki took pictures while we worked. Check out her website to see more of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment